Continuing Day Treatment Program (CDTP) services assist individuals recovering from mental illness to develop and maintain the capacities required for successful community living. Treatment and rehabilitation strategies are used to prevent relapse, manage symptoms and establish satisfying social and productive roles.
CDTP provides comprehensive services in collaboration with the greater NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Outpatient Psychiatric Department, outside service providers, families and others concerned with the individual's care.
CDTP is intended for individuals with:
- Diagnosed mental illness and related dysfunction.
- Current or chronic impairment in self-management of illness
- Motivation to pursue symptom stabilization and independent self care services
- Assessment of personal abilities, rehabilitation and treatment needs
- Individualized, goal-oriented treatment plan
- Case management, advocacy and benefits assistance
- Medication Management
- Group and individual rehabilitation counseling and therapy
- Specialized Dialectical Behavioral Therapy program track, at PWM only
- Family and individual psychoeducation and support
- Discharge planning and referral
Insurance plans that are accepted include Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance, some HMOs and managed care organizations and self-payment.