The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Westchester Division offers outpatient alcohol and substance dependence treatment in individual, family and group settings. Multidisciplinary treatment teams focus on recovery through a variety of programs flexibly designed to meet the needs of clients. The adolescent addiction recovery services provide intensive treatment to help adolescents 12-18 years of age recognize their reasons for abusing substances and refocus on a healthier life style. Parental involvement is important; weekend multi-family groups are an integral part of the program.
- Individual counseling
- Skill building groups for anger management, social skills, and problem solving
- Psychiatric follow-up with medication management
- Family therapy, including intensive multi-family groups
- Drug screens and breathalyzer testing analysis
- Collaboration and discharge planning coordinated with referring clinicians
- Referral to adolescent inpatient unit for psychiatric stabilization or detoxification
- Dual diagnosis treatment
Coordination with the Child and Adolescent Outpatient Department including:
- Psychological testing
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder (self injurious behaviors)
- Eating Disorders treatment
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder treatment
Managed care plans, other insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and private pay with a sliding scale accepted.