This medically supervised program provides intensive brief treatment for adults from 18 years through late life who are experiencing acute symptoms of mental illness.
- Rapid stabilization of acute symptoms in an outpatient setting
- An alternative to, or step-down from, hospitalization
- Multidisciplinary treatment team
- Complete medical and psychiatric evaluations
- CBT/DBT groups
- Individual and group therapy
- Specialty groups for general psychiatry at the Manhattan and Westchester locations, and eating and geriatric disorders at the Westchester site only.
- Medication management
- Ambulatory ECT
- Family counseling
- Close collaboration with referring professionals
- Aftercare planning
Treatment is provided for a wide range of psychiatric illnesses. The emphasis within the Partial Hospital Program is on restoring patients' health and preventing future setbacks. This is accomplished through education about psychiatric illness and its treatment, behavior modifications, and by building coping skills that generate solutions to problems at home, at work, or during life transitions.
Intensive Outpatient Program
The IOP, also an alternative to, or transition from, inpatient care, is designed for patients in need of therapy more than once a week. The service offers many of the same components as the Partial Hospital Program, and is open to patients 18 years of age and older. Specialized individual, group and family therapies are provided up to 15 hours per week, for a maximum of three hours per day, over a two to three week period.
Managed care plans, other insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and private pay are accepted.